Living situation, Request for help 

@KS and I are in a very uncomfortable living situation right now (staying with my ex who is not super thrilled about us living here) and we have until our apartment lease runs out at the end of this month to find a place for us to go.

Neither of us have paying jobs right now, despite our best efforts. We have no idea where to start looking for help.

We would like to end up somewhere in the PNW if possible and stay out of states that have laws/policies that would harm a trans/enby couple (TX, NC, OK, etc), though we understand that we just need someplace we can have shelter and food for now.

If anybody has any suggestions for what we can do or might be able to help us, please let us know. We are thinking about maybe setting up a GoFundMe or something but aren't sure if it would matter or help us at all.

Sign in to participate in the conversation
Awoo Space is a Mastodon instance where members can rely on a team of moderators to help resolve conflict, and limits federation with other instances using a specific access list to minimize abuse.

While mature content is allowed here, we strongly believe in being able to choose to engage with content on your own terms, so please make sure to put mature and potentially sensitive content behind the CW feature with enough description that people know what it's about.

Before signing up, please read our community guidelines. While it's a very broad swath of topics it covers, please do your best! We believe that as long as you're putting forth genuine effort to limit harm you might cause – even if you haven't read the document – you'll be okay!